This was the LA Song Reader event, the third official show that Beck has participated in. The highlight (and difference) was for the entirety of the show, the LA Philharmonic (conducted by Beck's dad, David Campbell) backed all the singers. In between singers, various people gave readings about music and LA.
Beck played "America, Here's My Boy" by himself on acoustic guitar (no orchestra) and then came out and premiered "Wave" from the just-announced Morning Phase with the orchestra. He then closed out the show with a version of "Heaven's Ladder" with the orchestra (and Roger on the GIANT church organ that is part of the Disney Hall's architecture). After that, Beck led off a giant singalong of "Do We? We Do" with many of the night's performers singing a line or two.
This was the program; everyone was with the orchestra unless noted:
1. Jack Black removal of pants and intro
2. Merry Clayton & Fred Martin choir "Eyes That Say I Love You"
3. Josh Kun on sheet music and LA songs
4. LA Philharmonic "Last Polka"
5. Childish Gambino & Roger Joseph Manning Jr. "Please Leave A Light On"
6. Alison & Tiffany Anders on music in films
7. Jon Brion "Just Noise"
8. Moses Sumney "Title Of This Song"
9. Jonathan Gold on Jac Zinder
10. Jarvis Cocker "Why Did You Make Me Care?"
11. Christian Robinson film on "what is music"
12. John C. Reilly & Becky Stark & Tom Brousseau "Wolf On The Hill" (no orchestra)
13. Beck "America, Here's My Boy" (no orchestra)
14. Beck "Wave"
15. Van Dyke Parks on songs
16. Juanes "Don't Act Like Your Heart Isn't Hard" (in Spanish)
17. Randall Poster on Jack Neitzche
18. Jenny Lewis & Anne Hathaway "Last Night You Were A Dream"
19. Jack Black & Jonny Dyas "We All Wear Cloaks"
20. Tig Notaro on "You Can't Always Get What You Want"
21. Beck & Roger Joseph Manning Jr & Fred Martin choir "Heaven's Ladder"
22. Beck, Roger Joseph Manning Jr, Jon Brion, John C. Reilly, Merry Clayton, Jack Black, Childish Gambino, Jon Brion, Anne Hathaway, Jenny Lewis, Jarvis Cocker, Tom Brousseau "Do We? We Do"
[people and bands
Choral Leader: Fred Martin
Conductor: David Campbell
Guitar (Acoustic): Beck Hansen, Jon Brion
Orchestra: LA Philharmonic
Organ: Roger Joseph Manning Jr.
Vocals: Anne Hathaway, Beck Hansen, Childish Gambino, Jack Black, Jarvis Cocker, Jenny Lewis, John C Reilly, Jon Brion, Merry Clayton, Tom Brousseau